The Student Researcher Program's primary objective is to foster academic collaborations with students through research at Google. This is a paid internship position that offers the opportunity to work directly with Google research scientists and engineers on cutting-edge research projects.
About the Internship
The Student Researcher Program offers more opportunities for research students to work on critical research projects at Google in a less structured way. The program allows for flexibility beyond the limitations of our traditional internship program on aspects such as duration, time commitment, and working location (with options for on-site or remote). The topics student researchers work on tend to be open-ended and exploratory and don't always have a clear deliverable as a traditional internship would.
Also | Spotify is Recruiting Product Managers. Apply Now
Google Research is building the next generation of intelligent systems for all Google products. To achieve this, Google is working on projects that utilize the latest computer science techniques developed by skilled software engineers and research scientists. Google Research teams collaborate closely with other teams across Google, maintaining the flexibility and versatility required to adapt new projects and foci that meet the demands of the world's fast-paced business needs.
- Participate in cutting-edge research to develop solutions for real-world, large-scale problems.
- Explore. Explore. And explore.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math or related technical field.
- Experience in one area of computer science, e.g., Natural Language Understanding, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Quantum Information Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, or similar.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after completion of the internship.
- Relevant experience as a researcher, including internships, full-time, or at a lab.
- Experience contributing to research communities or efforts, including publishing papers in major conferences or journals.
- Experience with one or more general-purpose programming languages, including C/C++, Java, MATLAB, Go, Python, or similar.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
Also | Apply for the 2021 T4 Education Remote Internship
NOTE: This opportunity is intended for students with an anticipated graduation date after December 2023, depending on their program and unique circumstances. If you are graduating before December 2023, we encourage you to apply to the Research Internship opening.
You will need an updated CV or resume and a current unofficial or official transcript in English (PDFs preferred) to start the application process. Google has a specific CV format that they recommend. We have covered that in a video on one of our blog posts. The video is at the end of the article, so you may want to scroll down when you open it.
Also, please ensure your anticipated graduation dates (in MM/YY) and any proficiency in coding languages are listed on your resume.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit Google's recruitment portal.
Leave a comment