For the past 16 years, internationalstudent.com has been hosting an annual video competition for international students across the world to hear their unique experiences. This year, the competition is back.
Typically, the travel video contest involves recording a short video on a specific topic as an international student, then soliciting votes. The most voted video gets to win the grand prize. Remember that they are looking for creativity, video quality, uniqueness and personality in your video.
About the Competition
The theme of this year is community. Having a community to turn to for unconditional support is essential for international students and exchange participants. In a creative, engaging video, internationalstudents.com want to hear all about how your community has impacted or influenced you. For example, your family or community at home, your new community during your international education, an online community, or any group you consider your community of people.
Available prizes in the video contest include:
- First Place Winner: $4,000
- Second Place Winner: $500
- Third Place Winner: $250
- Viewers’ Choice Award Winner: $1,000
Your video must also share the following:
- How “community” has had an impact or influence on you and your international education pursuit.
Note: You can be as creative as you like with how you work community into your story. Here are a few examples: your community at home, your new community during your international education, your family, a work or church community, an academic community, an ethnic group you are a part of, an online community, etc.
You must be currently studying outside of your home country or have a proposed international education pursuit.
Rules and Regulations
- Your video must also share how “community” has impacted or influenced you and your international education pursuit.
- You must be 18 or older and already enrolled or planning to enroll in college or university outside your home country.
- Your video must be created specifically for the current InternationalStudent.com Travel Video Contest.
- If your video is in a language other than English, it must include English subtitles.
- The maximum length for your video is 2 minutes. There is no minimum length.
- Your video must be uploaded to one of the following three platforms: YouTube, Vimeo or DailyMotion.
- In addition to the link to your video, each applicant must also submit a fully completed online entry form.
- The winner will book all his or her own flights and other travel arrangements.
- The winner of the InternationalStudent.com Video Contest will be announced on our website on 19 November 2021. The winners will also be notified by email and telephone.
- The winner will be expected to submit one blog monthly to InternationalStudent.com. This will start immediately after the winner is announced and will continue through the year until a new winner is announced. Contributions are expected at least once a month after winning the contest.
- Originality and interest level in an international education or exchange program, and creativity and quality of the video, are the main criteria. Click here to see previous year’s winning videos. Use these past year videos to get an idea of what it takes to win and the variety of videos out there. But don’t just copy their ideas - we have seen every video many times, and we know when an idea is not original!
- Cheating during voting for the viewers’ choice winner is grounds for contest elimination. This includes copying and pasting email addresses (even if they’re real email addresses of friends and family). Each vote must come directly from your friends and family.
- Good sportsmanship is required to continue participation in the current year’s contest and future contests.
The deadline for applications is 11:59 PM EST on Tuesday, 13 October 2021.
Tips and Tricks
For tips on how to submit a winning video, please visit here.
How to Apply
Entries must be submitted by completing the online entry form.