Do you have the vision to transform your community — and the world— for the better? Where others see problems, do you see potential? If so, then the Prudential Emerging Visionaries Program may be for you. They want to hear f¬rom you on how you are tackling financial barriers or social issues in your community and beyond. And yes, there is a reward!
About the Program
Prudential Emerging Visionaries is a national program that celebrates and awards young people who create solutions to financial and societal challenges. They're building a community of young people working to create positive change across the nation. Therefore, if you have a solution and a well-designed plan to make it happen, then, by all means, turn in your application.
At this moment, the world faces many complex challenges. F¬rom addressing the burden of student debt to advocating for inclusion, there is a need for bold, innovative solutions. The Prudential Emerging Visionaries is now accepting applications f¬rom young leaders ages 14-18 who are bringing powerful vision and real change to their communities and helping to tackle some of the most pressing issues. The program supports young people making a change that focuses on two categories: solutions to financial barriers and solutions to social problems.
If selected, you may qualify for up to $15,000 in awards and an all-expenses-paid trip with your parent or guardian to Prudential headquarters, as well as coaching and skills development, to help take your solution to the next level.
All 25 winners will receive an all-expense-paid trip to Prudential's headquarters in Newark, New Jersey, on April 23-26, 2022, with a parent or guardian for the Prudential Emerging Visionaries Awards Summit.
Benefits and Prizes
Winners will receive:
1. A cash prize of up to $15,000 will be awarded as follows:
- 25 winners will receive $5,000 each — 20 of these winners will be selected out of the Societal Solutions category and 5 winners out of the Financial Solutions category.
- The 5 winners f¬rom the Financial Solutions category will be invited to join a pitch-off at the Prudential Emerging Visionaries Awards Summit at Prudential's headquarters. F¬rom there, 1 Financial Solution Grand Prize Winner will receive an additional $10,000 grand prize, for a total of $15,000.
- 1 winner of either category will also receive the Prudential Employees' Choice Award—an additional $5,000, to be awarded at the Prudential Emerging Visionaries Awards Summit at Prudential's headquarters. Note: The Financial Solutions Grand Prize Winner is not eligible to win the Prudential Employees' Choice Award.
2. All 25 winners will receive an all-expense-paid trip to Prudential's headquarters in Newark, New Jersey, on April 23-26, 2022, with a parent or guardian for the Prudential Emerging Visionaries Awards Summit. This will be an engaging experience in which participants will receive coaching, skills development, and an opportunity to meet with senior leaders f`rom Prudential to help take their solutions to the next level.
All eligible participants will receive:
- Peer feedback via the Challenge online platform, including the opportunity to view, review, and connect with other Prudential Emerging Visionaries applicants.
- Access to on-demand training to support you in your change-making journey.
- A digital certificate of participation.
- The chance to be selected for one of two (2) Early Entry Prizes ($1,000 each) if your application is submitted before September 30, 2021.
Please note that if circumstances necessitate cancelling the in-person event (as determined by Prudential in its sole discretion), a virtual ceremony will be conducted, and no trip will be provided.
Participants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Participants must be individuals between the ages of 14 – 18 when applying and not older than 18 by the end of the entry period (November 4, 2021). Groups and partners are not eligible.
- Participants must be legal residents of the United States or Puerto Rico.
- Participants must have started their project on or before June 1, 2021.
- Winners must bring one chaperone to the in-person event on April 23-26, 2022.
- One application per person.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
- Prudential Spirit of Community National Honorees and State Honorees are NOT eligible to apply.
- Employees and their children and grandchildren of Prudential, Ashoka, Financial Health Network or its affiliates and participating advertising and promotion agencies are NOT eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Please visit the official page of the competition to learn more and to apply.