Reporting to the Digital Manager, the Digital Associate will support Malala Fund’s Communication and Creative team by working with the Digital Manager to develop and maintain the organization’s voice across all digital platforms. The Associate will help expand the organization’s online presence by engaging new supporters, creating content for Malala Fund’s existing social media accounts and devising innovative ways to leverage new and existing platforms.
Washington, D.C. or New York City
$49,800 - $52,800 USD
Who Can Apply?
The ideal candidate is:
- A strong writer and social media trendsetter know how to build and maintain a loyal, engaged following and manage a large online community.
- An avid reader and stays up-to-date with current events, pop culture, tech, politics and human rights issues.
- Adept at learning new digital platforms or features — and using them to amplify the voices of young women.
- A self-starter who thrives in a dynamic, collaborative environment and isn’t afraid to own and execute projects from start to finish.
- A witty — and informational — TikTok creator.
Also | Malala Foundation is Hiring!
- Oversees Malala Fund’s digital editorial calendar and day-to-day online community management, monitors the media for relevant engagement opportunities.
- Sources, produces and schedules written and multimedia content for all social media channels, including but not limited to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and TikTok.
- Supports Digital Manager and Development, Communications and Advocacy teams to develop and implement short-and long-term digital campaigns; drafts campaign copy and graphics for social media posts.
- Researches and recommends new online platforms to expand Malala Fund’s reach, devising digital strategy and best practices to support new launches.
- Pitches and drafts 1-2 articles a month for Malala Fund’s digital publication and newsletter Assembly.
- Uses analytics tools to produce traffic and engagement reports following major digital campaigns; evaluates and refines content strategy based on analytics.
- Works cross-functionally with a variety of stakeholders (grantees, vendors, young activists, Assembly contributors) to create content that engages and informs diverse global audiences.
Knowledge, Experience and Behaviours
- Experience managing social media accounts for an organization, brand or public figure (which can include yourself!).
- Experience creating video content for TikTok or Reels.
- An integrated understanding of the latest social media trends and best practices, ability to capitalize on them in a timely and relevant manner.
- Familiarity with analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Keyhole) and scheduling/social media management platforms (e.g. TweetDeck).
- Strong editorial and creative copywriting skills that show a point of view and personality; experience writing for both social and feature-length pieces; ability to write in multiple voices and distill complex concepts into sharp, straightforward copy.
- Video editing experience via Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, iMovie and/or mobile apps like InShot.
- Strong graphic design experience — via Adobe Creative Suite or other design platforms.
- Strong project management skills; ability to handle multiple requests simultaneously and serve as an assignment lead or support depending on team needs.
- Intercultural sensitivity and awareness of global and regional issues, especially in areas where Malala Fund works
- Upholds the values of Malala Fund.
- Actively contributes to making Malala Fund a diverse and equitable workplace through inclusive practice and openness to different perspectives, cultures and ideas.
- Maintains behaviour and conduct that uphold the highest standards for safeguarding, professionally and personally.
- Acts as a role model for a ‘learning organization’ culture by seeking insight and using problems as opportunities to learn.
- Demonstrated interest and working knowledge in intersecting issues of education, gender equality, advocacy and international development.
- Experience working directly with young women and girls.
- Fluency in more than one language — especially in one or more languages relevant to their programme countries (Portuguese, Hindi, Urdu, Arabic, Dari, Pashto, Turkish, Bangla, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo).
- They would particularly welcome applications from candidates who have lived in countries in which Malala Fund is operating.
Also | Apply for the Programmes Director at Malala Fund, Nigeria
The deadline is 19 September 2021
How to apply
- Please submit your resume and cover letter through the application link by 19 September 2021.
- With your application, include a cover letter, resume and writing sample. The writing sample should be a document with links to or screenshots of three social posts (from any of your personal or professional accounts) that best display your social prowess. Write 2-3 sentences explaining why you chose each post. On that same doc, include links to any personal or professional accounts you manage.
Please note that due to the very high number of applications they receive when positions are posted, they are only able to respond directly to candidates with whom they wish to move forward in the interview process.
Malala Fund is an inclusive organization and welcomes applications from under-represented and intersectional groups, including BIPOC, LGBTQ+ and persons with disabilities. They seek people from different backgrounds, cultures, ages, experiences, and identities to provide a wide range of experiences, ideas, views, and insights into the strategy, policies, culture, and ambitions of Malala Fund.
Malala Fund is committed to ensuring the safety of those involved in their work. Their first priority is protecting everyone who comes in direct or indirect contact with their organization. Malala Fund has a zero-tolerance approach to abuse and exploitation by any of their staff, representatives or partners. They commit to ensuring that those who work with Malala Fund or on their behalf are able to work in an environment that is free from harm. To this end, Malala Fund reserves the right to conduct background checks on prospective and current employees.
Also | Senior Accountant Job at Malala Foundation
Leave a comment