Just two days ago, Google Ghana announced hiring software engineers and researchers based in Ghana. Currently, there are over 77 applicants who have already applied via LinkedIn, and there may be many more. What does this role entail? And how can you apply? This article will answer these questions and talk about making your Google application stand out. Stick around and ensure you watch the video at the end to learn how to make your application stand out.
About the Role
This role will rely heavily on your ability to research, identify and implement the most impactful ways Google can utilize Machine Learning expertise and other unique opportunities to drive global impact. In simple terms, you have to be comfortable using machine learning to solve problems.
Also | Google Kickstart Competition is Raging On. Apply Now!
As you know, Google has been at the forefront in revolutionizing massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers worldwide. Because Google needs to handle information at a massive scale, they are looking for a Ghanaian engineer who will bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile and so many other fields.
Google wants you to work on specific projects critical to Google's needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects in this particular role. You will need to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as you join the team in pushing technology forward.
"Our products need to handle information at a massive scale and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day." – Google.
What You Need to Apply
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Software engineering experience with Python.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related technical field.
- Experience with Machine Learning libraries (TensorFlow, JAX, etc.).
- Experience working with real-world or geospatial data.
- You will need an updated CV. Refer to the video at the end of this article to learn the type of CV you need.
- You will need a university transcript. Google will accept both official and unofficial transcripts (optional).
- A cover letter (optional).
Also | Amazon Black Business Accelerator is Open. Apply Early.
This role is open to applicants who reside in Ghana.
- Develop real-world, impact-focused projects from conception to exploration and research, to implementation and operational deployment.
- Develop Machine Learning models in Python and develop tools and systems to train them at scale on Google's infrastructure.
- Run experiments and design procedures for evaluating the results and assessing the potential impact.
- Deploy Machine Learning models in collaboration with external stakeholders and release open-source code and data that partners can use.
How to Apply
Visit the Google's website to apply for this role.
How to Make Your Application Stand Out
Google will rely heavily on the information on your CV to either invite you for an interview or discard your application. Google have their format for CVs and what they would be looking out for. Therefore, the quality of your CV and the structure, in my opinion, is the only way to stand out and grab the attention of Google for this role. So, before you apply, ensure that your CV follows the Google standard and is well written. You cannot afford to have even a single error in your CV!
If you wonder what the Google format is and what Google needs to be in your CV, we highly encourage you to watch the video below. Google themselves made the video.
If you still need help preparing your CV, email us, and a professional will be in touch soon. Best wishes!
Wow thanks for the updates and the insights. I loved the guidance as to what needs to stand out most to get noticed.
Thanks you @Florence. We're glad you found this article helpful